Entry-level Position Available:
Program & Communications Coordinator
Parents Step Ahead, Inc. 501c3
The Program & Communications Coordinator will be responsible for providing a wide range of program communications and management support while playing a key role in the development and implementation of programs/initiatives.
• Assist Director in program and event planning and implementation
• Establish relationships with partner organizations
• Maintain participant, exhibitor, ambassador, and speaker database
• Work with graphic designer on marketing materials
• Create Public Service Announcements
• Create and Disseminate Media Advisories/Press Releases
• Conduct interviews for post-event story
Lead marketing/communications initiatives:
• Update media database
• Assist with development of program themes and creative concepts
• Manage organization’s website
• Create/update marketing materials
• Build on and execute communications plans Implement public relations plan
• Work with partner community organizations marketing/communications departments
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 1-2 years in nonprofit work preferred
• Must speak and write in both English and Spanish Fluently
• Experience in the development and implementation of communications plans
• Excellent writing, interpersonal and communication skills
• Computer skills required such as Microsoft Office, database maintenance/creation, Photo Shop, website management and social networking methodology
• Some evening and weekend work required
• Travel between local school districts; must have own car
• Salary: $28,000.00
• 10% commission on sponsorship/fundraising funds brought in to organization based on grants/proposals you submit.
• 1 week paid vacation
Send resume, cover letter, and 2 writing samples (English & Spanish) to Lupita Colmenero at Lupita@elhispanonews.com.
No Phone Calls Please
To download a PDF of this career opportunity, click here.